1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrible Tragedy For Balt. Sun Desker

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Flying Headbutt, Dec 9, 2007.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

So sad. Peace and strength to the family.

2. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Funeral story:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bal-md.funeral16dec16,0,3365.story?coll=bal_home_promo

Dad was too sick to be there.

My heart aches.

3. bp6316

bp6316 Member

As a father, it breaks my heart to no end to read about situations like this. I lie awake many nights doing the "What if?" game about things like this. There wouldn't be much left for me if this were to happen. It certainly has inspired me to check all the smoke detectors and such and to hug my daughter a little more and make sure she knows I love her.

And just for the record, until you've tried to go in and rescue anyone from a fire, I'd encourage you to just shut up. TV makes it look so easy to go in and be the hero and pull the children from the fire, but nothing at all can prepare you for that intensity and chaos. This man did, from all acounts, everything he could to save his children. For that, he's a hero in my mind.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

4. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

And here I am whining and bitching about slogging through traffic all day for christmas shopping and I'm too tired to do anything else, blah, blah, blah.

In a strange way, this was just the pick-me-up I needed. Being so far away from my family, I guess I take them for granted now and then. A good time for all of us to learn a lesson, I suppose. Pardon me while I go call my mom and say hi.

Draft saved Draft deleted