1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrible News For One of Our Own

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

My words are cheap but heart-felt. Condolences to you and your family/friends, always remember the good times as that is what helps get you through the tough times. It's helped me tremendously as I've lost those closest to me.

MileHigh likes this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry. There are few words at a time like this. Hold their memories dear. Keep them alive in your heart. Try not to dwell on the why. Instead, remember who they were and how they lived and what they meant to you and your family.

MileHigh likes this.
  3. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Mile High, I don't know you but I'm heartbroken for you and your family. I am so sorry.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I can't even imagine what you are going through. But at times like these, when it feels like the world is crumbling around you, always remember that you are stronger than you think you are. Your strength will be an asset to the rest of your family. And theirs to you.

Deepest condolences.

Ace and MileHigh like this.
  5. Desk_dude

Desk_dude Member

Mile High. I am so sad about your losses.

MileHigh likes this.
  6. Mile High, my heart breaks for you and your family. I'm really sorry for your losses.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Wishing peace and healing for you and your family. May their memories be a blessing to y'all.

MileHigh likes this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Keeping you and your family in our thoughts. I've covered this exact situation and there are not enough words of praise to properly describe the compassionate professionalism of first responders, investigators, and others.

MileHigh likes this.
  9. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Words fail...my heartfelt condolences and prayers are with you and your family in this very difficult time.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Reticent to post because I'm terrible at expressing condolences. I'm just very, very sorry.

MileHigh likes this.
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I'd somehow missed this thread until now. I'm sorry about that, Mile High, but I am, selfishly, almost glad, too. I mean, what to say about this?

I am so sorry, Mile High. I know what I would do in this situation, and can only suggest the same to you: Look to God and to each other among family and friends. And know that you've got a few of them here. I hope that offers you at least some comfort during this horrible time.

Vombatus and MileHigh like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

From Facebook, these are the charities the family has chosen for memorial donations ...

ChildSafe (http://www.childsafecolorado.org/)
    • Garfield County Search and Rescue (Donate - Garfield County Search & Rescue, Inc.)
    • Makepeace family Bauder Elementary School donation account (via Chase Bank; 2000 S. College Ave.; Fort Collins, CO 80525; 970-658-4201; account number 3306861773)
    • Naples (New York) Community Park (c/o Town of Naples; P.O. Box 535; Naples, NY 14512; 585-374-2111)
    • Friends of Larimer County Parks and Open Space (c/o Sharon Green, Secretary/Treasurer, P.O. Box 2715; Loveland, CO; 80539)

Vombatus, MileHigh and Moderator1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted