1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrelle Pryor wins basketball title

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by typewriterhill, Feb 23, 2008.

1. "Pryor scored 39 points, had 24 rebounds and also posted 10 blocks." to lead Jeannette to a WPIAL basketball title.

The kid was a top 15 recruit playing basketball and had committed to Pittsburgh 2 years ago but then his football dominance kicked into gear and now he's the #1 recruit for the gridiron. I can't envision this kid giving up basketball this easily.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08054/859966-100.stm

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm so sick of the hype surrounding this kid. Pick a fuckin school and leave him, and us, alone.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Winning a championship in basketball is not hype. It's fact.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nevertheless, BYM's point is well taken... quit milking this fuckin thing and pick a school so you can go back to obscurity until fall practice

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is Beaver Falls any good this year? Are any of Dwight Collins' kids playing?

Let's see how Pryor does in the PIAAs.

6. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I heard Colin Cowherd (yeah, yeah, I know...I was stuck in traffic) this week guarantee Terrelle Pryor would 1. start next season and 2. win a national championship. MY guarantee is that Colin Cowherd didn't know jackshit about this kid until two weeks ago.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What does Beno Cook have to say?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No idea, but I'm sure it will include a comparison to some guy he saw 50 years ago.

And I'm only sort-of making fun of him. Beano's recall of sports history is absolutely amazing.

BYM is right about the hype thing. I really don't like the way Pryor has handled the recruiting process. But that is one hell of a performance in a championship game.

9. I heard the reason Pryor delayed his announcement is because folks (his father and Steelers QB Charlie Batch) are not sure about the ability of Rich Rodriguez to develop the young man's football skills for the NFL. I don't understand how that translates into giving Oregon and Penn State more time to recruit him but I'd say he delay definitely hurts Michigan after Mallette transferred and Ohio State is rumored to be the favorite.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That's not the case. Pryor's father, who has some kind of disease that keeps him wheelchair bound, loves Penn State defensive coordinator and Pryor's recruiter Tom Bradley. Pryor's father didn't feel he gave Penn State a chance since while he took numerous unofficial visits there he never took an official.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure it is a combination of both, perhaps also some concerns about the way Rodriguez is handling his exit from West Virginia in terms of bad pub.

12. rube

rube Active Member

This kid better win a Heisman and at LEAST one BCS title. This hype is getting ridiculous for a kid who played small school football in Penn. Not saying he doesn't look good, but with this insane hype he's decided to build for himself, he better be able to do some water-walking.

Draft saved Draft deleted