1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrelle Pryor or Cam Newton ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 27, 2011.

?

Who would you draft?

1. Terrelle Pryor

25.0%
  2. Cam Newton

75.0%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Assuming that Pryor is coming out, who would you craft?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Michael Vick

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Pryor will be a great TE in the NFL. Newton has 10x the arm strength.

How about a third option?

Neither

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Andrew Luck. :D

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think Cam Newton is a great #1 pick by any stretch, he is just, like Alex Smith, the guy who was there that year when there wasn't another great option. But he has the makings of at least a solid pro. Terrelle Pryor meanwhile has had three years to show any indication whatsoever that he would be able to handle the pro game and has not done so. This isn't even a question.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Do you think that Pryor would have done better in Auburn offense?

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Newton has more physical upside, but he has to learn to take snaps under center, learn to be patient in the backfield, make his reads and not panic, tuck the ball and run at the first sign of anything. Is he more of a physical project than Tebow was/is? Good question.

I just don't see Pryor making it as a QB in the NFL, and neither do the scouts. But, both can probably divide a locker room faster than Hester can run a punt back.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I take great pride in the fact that when I had to rank quarterbacks for my chain's draft preview in 2005, I had Rodgers No. 1 and Smith No. 2 and I wrote that the Raiders would regret taking JaMarcus Russell and that Calvin Johnson was the best player in the draft.

I won't get into the 16,789 times my predictions were horribly, horribly wrong. :D

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No. His fumbling and his lack of accuracy are traits of his game, not of the system he's playing.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nicely done.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted