1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrelle Pryor down to TWO schools! Ann Arbor and Columbus froth at the mouth!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Beano Cook says he's good for five Heisman Trophies.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone's asked him what he's going to major in?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not sure this applies to Pryor, but I can't help thinking of the answer I got from one of the top basketball players at my alma mater when I asked him that question. "I'm majoring in pussy and basketball."

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Why go to Ohio State when you can go to Michigan and not have to take real classes.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Does Pryor (or his family) just want the 12 Days of Booster Christmas to go on a little longer?

6. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Frankly, who cares if you hate it?
    What do your readers want?
    Does anybody here ever stop to think about that?

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Re: Terrelle Pryor down to TWO schools! Ann Arbor and Columbus froth at the mout

[​IMG]
    "As always, I don't care."--Dr. Perry Cox

8. 93Devil

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=189&Year=2003

Maybe it is up to newspapers, and ESPN, to inform readers that chances are this kid will never make the pros or be a decent starter there.

Look at the 2003 QBs, how many of them are on NFL rosters right now?

Take a look at any year. Rating recruiting classes for football is a crapshot at best.

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

If recruiting really is a crap shoot, why do USC and Ohio State and Florida keep winding up with the best players?
    They sure are lucky.

10. 93Devil

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/scout.top25/

SI.com/Scout.com Top 25 Recruiting Classes
    FINAL RANKINGS - Feb. 2, 10:30 p.m.- Click on a team for analysis.
    1. Tennessee 6. Oklahoma 11. Florida 16. Alabama 21. Clemson
    2. Michigan 7. Ohio State 12. Miami (Fla.) 17. Texas A&M 22. Auburn
    3. USC 8. Iowa 13. Texas 18. Virginia Tech 23. N.C. State
    4. Florida State 9. California 14. Arizona 19. So. Carolina 24. UCLA
    5. Georgia 10. Nebraska 15. Virginia 20. LSU 25. Maryland

Yeah, that's what the Top 25 looked like this year.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

93Devil, of course it is not a sure thing, but to act like it has no impact at all is a bit ridiculous.

And you mentioned what kind of pro Pryor might be above. That really isn't the issue here. The people following this stuff are more concerned with what type of college player he might be.

Not that it hasn't been ridiculously overblown. It has. And there is definitely reason to question if this kid is a good enough passer to be a good college quarterback. Yes, he could be Ronald Curry (who isn't a terrible NFL receiver now), but he could also be a Pat White.

Of course, he'll have to get his thumb out of his butt and pick a damn school before we can find out.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Re: Terrelle Pryor down to TWO schools! Ann Arbor and Columbus froth at the mout

I don't know the kid, so I have no idea if he's a selfish asshole, but I can understand how picking a college can be tough, especially when you have all kinds of people putting pressure on you.

I haven't followed this closely at all, but hasn't this taken a long time because his dad was trying to convince him to go to Penn State and he didn't want to?

Draft saved Draft deleted