1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrelle Pryor down to TWO schools! Ann Arbor and Columbus froth at the mouth!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Mar 17, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Re: Terrelle Pryor down to TWO schools! Ann Arbor and Columbus froth at the mout

Not to defend what he did, rube, but there was a clear marking point as to why he didn't announce until now after bypassing LOI day ... his high school basketball season. It ended Saturday.

And before anyone says, "well, everyone plays basketball" ... yeah, they do, but not to the extent Jeannette did this year. They played a helluva schedule, especially for a Class AA team, and they were always the favorite to win a state title. And there was a lot of lip service paid to the goal of winning two major state team championships in one year ... that had never happened before last year.

A lot of the other football recruits don't have basketball demands to that extent.

2. rube

rube Active Member

I can understand that shot, I knew he was playing hoops, but I guess I wasn't fully aware of how good they were and all (PS: Wasn't he a complete beast on the court as well?)
    Either way, he's still got some gigantic expectations to live up to. And no one to blame other than himself. Although, I've heard from some around him and others on this board even that he's a solid kid and pretty sharp overall. So if that's true, then he'll have no problem and The Vest will continue to own the Big Ten.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, any hoops program in the country would love to have him. Memphis wanted him badly.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I tried to tell you guys that two pages ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted