1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrell Suggs tears Achilles, out for the year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, May 3, 2012.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Please. Not this again. The defense was complete dogshit in that game and people still whine about a fumble on a perfect hit by Matthews? Ridiculous.

2. outofplace

And he's not 100 percent. He probably never will be again.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

This is a fan's take because I don't cover the NFL.

But if the Ravens fought it- and I doubt if they could unless there is specific language prohibiting that activity- I think the entire contract would be invalidated. So Suggs would become a free agent in 2013. And I don't think the Ravens want to risk angering a key player, especially if Suggs winds up winning the arbitration anyway.

I think the Browns paid Kellen Winslow, Jr. when he hurt himself on his Harley, and that was specifically prohibited by the contract. Roethlisberger did not have a no-motorcycle clause in his contract so he was paid with no problem.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Gehrig, one of my flaws is I don't have a lot of patience for I think are simplistic football analysis. So apologies for this, but even if Kindle had MAXIMIZED his potential, he would not be as good as Suggs. Kindle fell in the draft for a reason. Then he made things worse for himself. Guys like Suggs are one in about 12 million. Polamalu too. Being athletic is about 15 percent of the equation. JJ Stokes was probably as Jerry Rice. If not more so. How did that work out?

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Sorry, that should say "as athletic as Rice."

Can't edit on my phone.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Please read this.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/09000d5d81e2d72a/article/mendenhalls-fourthquarter-fumble-alters-course-of-title-game

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Delusional Steeler fan-on-delusional Steeler fan violence. Always good to see.

8. outofplace

I understand that there are plenty of foolish people who try to blame Mendenhall for that loss. Yes, the Steelers had momentum. But there was absolutely no reason to believe they could have stopped Rodgers from taking the lead right back even if they had scored on that drive. They didn't stop him all day. The Packers only stopped themselves with drops. I don't need to read another version of the same foolishness.

I get it. You feel better if you can blame somebody, if you can put it all on one play. Just understand that you are deluding yourself when you do that.

It is people like you who actually think Mendenhall is fumble-prone just because of one play. Did you think Jerome Bettis was prone to fumbles in 2005, too? You know, the year he fumbled just once, but it nearly cost them the playoff game in Indianapolis?

It is foolish, even moreso if you think that team won't miss Mendenhall this year.

9. outofplace

The Parakeets fan contributes nothing once again. Always good to see.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I contributed to making you respond to me. That was the point.

11. outofplace

So, your intent was to be a troll. Makes sense. It does come naturally to you, Parakeets fan.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ding.

Draft saved Draft deleted