1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrell Suggs tears Achilles, out for the year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, May 3, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Mendenhall gained 58 yards during the 2008 season to Willie Parker's 791 and Mewelde Moore's 588. Was long gone by playoff time after Ray Lewis broke him into pieces.

Burn fail.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Won, not lost. They probably win that game if Mendenhall doesn't fumble.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Read it wrong.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Definitely not Williams (injury/age), Polamalu (injuries/age), Peppers (overrated), Ngata (consistency).

I'd like to arguments or Revis, because he takes away so much of the field and allows you to do crazy things with your blitzes when you don't have to worry about getting smoked deep. I think Willis is a great player who makes it hard as hell to run the ball, but I don't think he's as versatile as Suggs, nor do I think he makes as many game-changing plays. (Willis had four FFs to Suggs' seven, for example. Suggs had two INTs as a rushing LB, Willis had one INT as a middle LB.)

Revis takes you out of your passing game. Willis takes you out of your run game.

Suggs does a lot of both.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

A decade into the league, Peppers is not what he once was, but he's hardly overrated.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree. One of the few defensive linemen who was worth the free agent money he was paid.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Justin Smith was pretty damn impressive last season. I'm amazed Mizzou does not have him on that list.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Smith should definitely be up there.

Clay Matthews probably should as well.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Smith and Mathews are players who have had one great season, but have not earned the status of guys who've done it for years. Mathews 2011 season was hardly impressive.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Smith was generally considered a bust until last year.

11. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

As I said, if he's 100%

Also, what does his DUI have to do with him making plays on the field?

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's not just health, Kindle is nowhere close to Suggs.

Draft saved Draft deleted