1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terminator Salvation: Awful, awful movie...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 22, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck you, that's nothing!

[​IMG]

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Well played, sir. Well played.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(film)

4. bigpern23

I forgot Hollywood completely stopped making movies after Titanic until this year. ::)

5. schiezainc

Dude had his own TV show for two seasons, created an entire new technology and spent YEARS working on this Avatar movie.

I'm not saying he couldn't have slipped in another True Lies-type movie or something smaller but saying he lost interest in making movies is far from the truth.

6. bigpern23

Wow, you're really taking this hard. The guy went 12 YEARS between making major motion pictures. If he was really INTERESTED in making them, he probably would have in that span. He may have had it in mind to make this movie Avatar when the technology was available, but the fact is, if he wanted to, he could have worked on several other projects in the meantime (outside of the treatment for Avatar he wrote back in the mid-'90s, none of the real work on the project began until 2006, which is still almost a decade after Titanic).

Instead, he found he was more interested in directing some documentaries (which were excellent, btw) and producing some TV shows. It happens. People love doing something, they lose interest for awhile and then go back. Hopefully, he comes back strong with Avatar. I know I'll be in line for it because they guy makes awesome movies (the 3D thing has me concerned, since I've never seen a 3D movie whose plot and acting equaled the visual effects. I'll give it a shot, though).

But it's undeniable that he WASN'T interested in making a major motion picture between Titanic and Avatar because the man who directed that cash cow could have made a buddy comedy about a pair of grass blades if he wanted to. It's not as if he was turned down by the studios to do projects. HE CHOSE NOT to make any.

HE. WAS. NOT. INTERESTED.

7. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Cameron's "Avatar" looks interesting, but I'm actually more excited about the 2010 release of "The Last Airbender."

8. schiezainc

Obviously we're not going to change each other's minds so I'll just say let's agree to disagree.

IMO, Cameron's work on Avatar, including making a new technology in order to shoot it, couple with his TV series, documentaries and, hell, even his appearance on Entourage prove he didn't lose interest in shooting projects and making movies.

But hey, what are you going to do? Either way, there was no chance in hell he'd be involved in another Terminator.

Draft saved Draft deleted