1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terminator Salvation: Awful, awful movie...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 22, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Well, damn. I was hoping for a decent movie, but considering the last three starred Arnold and this didn't; I expected some loss of interest in that respect, too.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know if I would say the last one "starred" Arnold.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Y'all quit hemming and hawing. Should I go see it or not?

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Well, that's correct. But he still played a large enough role where I'd say he was one of the main characters.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I hope this doesn't make a dime so they'll stop giving McDopey high-profile projects.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh, goooood for you.

7. Mizzougrad96

Bale can be prouder of that leaked tape than he can be of this movie.

The bulk of the blame goes to McG.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Christian Bale: Am I going to surf around and jack your fucking threads, in the middle of the day? Then why the fuck are you blasting my movie? Ah-da-da-dah, like this in the thread. What the fuck is it with you? What don't you fucking understand? You got any fucking idea about, hey, it's fucking distracting having somebody getting on the Internet in the middle of the fucking opening weekend? Give me a fucking answer! What don't you get about it?

Mizzougrad96: I was giving my opinion.

Bale: Ohhhhh, goooood for you. And how was it? I hope it was fucking good, because it's useless now, isn't it?

Mizzougrad96: OK.

Bale: Fuck's sake man, you're amateur. Moddy, you got fucking something to say to this prick?

Moddy: I didn't see the thread.

Bale: Well, somebody should be fucking watching and keeping an eye on him.

Moddy: Fair enough.

Bale: It's the second time that he doesn't give a shit about what is going on with the movie, all right? I'm trying to open a movie here, and I am going "Why the fuck is Mizzou writing this? What is he doing?" Do you understand my mind is not in the opening if you're doing that?

Mizzougrad96: I absolutely apologize. I'm sorry, I did not mean anything by it.

Bale: Stay off the fucking message boards man. For fuck's sake.

Moddy: Let's just take a minute.

Bale: Let's not take a fucking minute.

Bale: I'm going to fucking kick your fucking ass if you don't shut up for a second! All right?

Mizzougrad96: Christian, Christian. It's cool.

Bale: I'm going to go... Do you want me to fucking go trash your message board?

Do you want me to fucking trash it? Then why are you trashing my movie?

Mizzougrad96: I'm not trying to trash your movie.

Bale: You are trashing my movie!

Mizzougrad96: Christian, I was only...

Bale: You do it one more fucking time and I ain't visiting this message board if your're still around. I'm fucking serious. You're a nice guy. You're a nice guy, but that don't fucking cut it when you're fucking around like this on opening weekend.

9. BRoth

BRoth Member

It was entertaining for two hours. Sam Worthington is as good as advertised in reviews. Bale just shouts a lot, but does so stoically, if you're into that sort of thing. McG is terrible. The movie was bad in the aspects he was in charge of. Boo to him.

There is one huge plot gap early in the film that annoyed the hell out of me. It's not a spoiler, so I will hope to open some brief discussion, followed by more trashing.

It's noted by the leader of The Resistance, Michael Ironside, that Kyle Reese and John Connor are #1 and #2, respectively, on the list of people The Machines want to kill. Yet, The Resistance leaders don't seem to care at all. Nor do they want to know who Kyle Reese is or why The Machines would even want to kill him. They acknowledge that they've never even heard of Kyle Reese, but he is the #1 priority for The Machines. Wouldn't this warn them about anything? Doesn't this pique their interest? We all know why The Machines want to kill Kyle Reese and John Connor because we've seen the other movies, presumably, but they have no idea. That really annoyed me.

The final big fight scene also bugged the hell out of me, but I won't rant because that would give a spoiler.

10. Mizzougrad96

Look, I love this franchise, but I didn't find five minutes of this film even remotely entertaining.

11. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

So sad to hear. McG did such a good job with 'We Are Marshall'....

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I haven't heard/read a positive review of this movie yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted