1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terminator Salvation: Awful, awful movie...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 22, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Holy shit does this movie suck.

See something else. Anything else.

There isn't a single cool moment in the film. It's boring. It makes really lame references to the first two. The acting is terrible (With Michael Ironside, Christian Bale and Bryce Dallas Howard, this actually surprises me).

The kid who plays Kyle Reese as a teenager is the kid from Charlie Bartlett (which I liked). The kid's a decent actor, but horrible casting.

Awful film.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The kid is also Chekov in Star Trek.

This had ginormous suck written all over it for some reason, even with what is on paper a really good cast.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Is this the movie Bale went batshit on the set of? Even if not, I blame sabotage by his enemies in the lighting crew.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I blame Harvey Dent.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not surprised. Disappointed a little, but not surprised.
    This is just not a franchise that needs updates for now -- a FREE Terminator television show couldn't draw people to watch and just got axed, for crissakes.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When I heard McG was directing I thought it would suck. When I heard they got Bale for the lead, I was a little more optimistic.

There were a few people in the theater who got geeked up over a few references to the first two films, but those are the same people who will tell you they liked the Star Wars prequels just because they can't admit that a franchise they once loved has turned to shit.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The reason became clear the moment they announced that McG¹ would direct.¹You may remember Mr. McG as the guy who single-handedly destroyed the Charlie's Angels movie franchise in 2003, or possibly as the guy whose attempt to translate rip off The Fast And The Furious into a Fox television series with Tiffani-Amber Thiessen sank like a solid turd after one season. His future plans apparently include destroying the Blade Runner franchise, based on his interviews.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I still hate him for ruining Charlie's Angels.

9. Killick

Had to look up an asshat who's ballsy enough to tell someone "My name's McG" on imdb.

This, I think, says so much:
    EPIC FAIL.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Shit-tier movie. It's a drab, relentless film dominated by fighting between soulless machines and even more soulless humans, told via a crappy plot that does crap-all for backstory and provides twists that Ray Charles' corpse can see an hour away. The most interesting character is the little mute girl; maybe the fact she doesn't open her mouth shoots her to the top of the charts. The callbacks had none of the panache of the Star Trek ones, with one exception.

Avoid this like the public toilet with a ripped up Penthouse on the floor and clam chowder on the seat.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hope the cinematography was good.

12. Killick

More on McFAIL: So, this guy's claim to fame is that he directed music videos for Sugar Ray and Smashmouth? Really? Ho-leee...

Draft saved Draft deleted