1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terminator alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 13, 2012.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It's on ION, whatever the hell that is, right now. An amazing, groundbreaking movie. I find it incredible that the first sequel was actually better.

Say what you want about James Cameron, but damn, that guy makes a helluva good film.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think T2 seemed better at the time, but the characters haven't aged well, especially Furlong's. I saw T2 a few years ago and I wanted Furlong to die painfully.

Don't misunderstand. T2 was very good, but I think the original is better.

3. bigpern23

I get what you're saying about Furlong. That pitchy, pubescent voice got a little grating.

But I find it amazing how well the special effects (with the exception of the blue screen when they're driving in the police car at night after escaping Pescadero) have held up 20 years later. It was the infancy of CGI and those effects really still hold up well.

The stop-motion from the first Terminator (and blue screen work) was dated before T2 even came out.

4. bigpern23

And holy crap I forgot Rick Rossovich, AKA Slider, made a 2-second appearance in this movie.

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

[​IMG]

And Bill Paxton.

6. bigpern23

I knew Bill was in it, just didn't remember Rick.

Oh, and someday, I want to go up to a girl in a techno club and say, "Come with me if you want to live," and see what happens.

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"Fuck you, asshole!"

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I thought Terminator 3 was pretty sweet, too. I never saw 4.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And, of course, the patron saint of sci-fi B-movies, Lance Henriksen.

Did Paxton die in the Tech Noir shootout? If so, he and Henriksen share a place in Sci-Fi movie trivia history -- the only actors to be "killed" by a Terminator, an Alien AND a Predator.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

T-3 was pretty good, but I was disappointed with the ending. Also never saw T-4.

11. bigpern23

He was killed (presumably) when the Terminator needed clothes. I don't think he dies on screen, but he is thrown rather hard against a fence. The Terminator wasn't known for sparing lives, so I assume he died.

I like that bit of trivia.

Draft saved Draft deleted