1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tension at The Washington Post

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jun 28, 2020.

1. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

I'm surprised Frederick hasn't chimed in yet with congratulations for taking it to the suits.

Fredrick likes this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I assume Frederick is off somewhere arguing about the January 6th riot and furiously typing "What about Chicago? What about BLM?"

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Still waiting for resignation TikToks to become a thing.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I would think a resignation needs to be face-to-face, otherwise it wouldn't stand up in court.

wicked and Slacker like this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm squinting just right hoping this was their thinking and that they giggled a tad upon execution.

6. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

So she pulled a Marisa Ingemi basically

Woody Long and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I would feel so self-conscious applying for another job after an exit like that. But I assume she'll be employed by the end of the week.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

She will be a talking head for CNN or MSNBC by July 1.

Liut likes this.
  9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

As the planets align, she will be announced as the
    new society columnist for that paper in The Villages.

10. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Expected changes at CNN could rule that out.

From CNN Enters the Post-Jeff Zucker Era. Bye-Bye ‘Breaking News’ Banners. - The New York Times

"Mr. Licht is intent on dialing back partisanship on the air, telling advertisers last month, `At a time where extremes are dominating cable news, we will seek to go a different way.' At a recent meeting in Washington with producers and journalists, Mr. Licht said he wanted to book more Republicans and conservatives on political shows to offer a wider range of viewpoints."

and

"With ratings down across cable, Mr. Licht has told colleagues that strengthening CNN’s reputation as a fair-minded news outfit will help attract blue chip advertisers."

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Cool. The Dean Baquet of TV is in charge of CNN. Yes, what the airwaves need are more conservative viewpoints. Aren’t enough of those already.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Tell me these “sane” Republicans who they’re going to book. Jeffrey Lord? Kayleigh McEnany? Been there, done that.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted