1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ten years of SJ.com: Happy Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Sep 30, 2011.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Re: Ten years of SportsJournalists.com

I remember when Johnny registered, because he started a thread about 'who would play 21 in the SJ movie' and everyone said 'who the fuck cares!'

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I was Johnny_Dangerously in the early days (the Take Care of Yourself thread was started by that J_D). I do know when this JD signed up. For the life of me, I can't recall why I nuked the Underscore Me.

3. Johnny Dangerously

And 21, I the fuck care!

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

One of the reasons you've always been one of my favorite posters is that you don't work blue!

Merde!

5. Johnny Dangerously

Ha!

Ragu, I should have acknowledged your earlier kind words. And anyone from north of the Mason-Dixon with such a good grasp of Sun Belt football is a person to be reckoned with, good sir. Always enjoy our exchanges.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

One of my friends is a geezer like me, but played in the ACC back in the day and then had a 10 or 11 year NFL career and now does some broadcasting. He's the major reason I stay up on the Sun Belt. He refuses to give those games their due. He calls it high school football, just to get a rise out of me. So every chance I get to talk up a Middle Tennessee or Troy State win, I go way over the top. I do pay attention to those games. Even fast forward through one or two every week.

He did give Florida International a little respect this year after their first two or three games. After last week, I'm sure he has jumped off the bandwagon, though.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I still smile at the memory of the old no-registration board where people challenged each other to fight and there was once a thread titled, "Ever Pay For It On The Road?"

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, did you?

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I registered in late July of 2004.
    My relationship with this board is the longest I've had with anything in my entire life.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

My profile says I registered in 2003 but I was part of 21's infamous crash that wiped out my ID. I think I originally registered some time in '02 and was around for the unregistered board as well.

Am still hoping to meet Tennis Mom.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If the paying-for-it thread started with, "this is a serious topic," we know skiptomylou has been around for much longer than we suspected. And was tennis_mom a horndog?

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I signed up a day before the 2004 presidential election, back when we could talk pauly tyqz without having a cow.

I remember the big six-week outage we had in April-June 2005. When the board came back, I was a noob again because I'd lost so many posts in the crash.

Draft saved Draft deleted