1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ten Most Offensive kinds of restaurant behaviour

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Aug 15, 2011.

1. DK

DK Member

Some people just don't belong.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Winner winner chicken dinner. I've only not tipped once... but believe me when I tell you that broad earned every zero.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Good for you . . . what were you supposed to do, pay a premium for their precious company?

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Last night I stopped by a Hell's Kitchen dive, Mercury Bar, and our server waited until after my party rang up $120 in appetizers/drinks to inform us they could only accept cash due to the Verizon strike, which we were to believe disrupted their ability to process credit cards. They did deduct the $2 ATM fee, but it was still annoying to have to walk across the street to a grocery store to get cash.

5. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

It's a good list, but something bugged me about the way it was written. At No. 4 is the person who send everything back. At No. 5 is the person who complains about the food after it's eaten. This person is described as "A worse version of the person who sends the food back..."

If they are a worse version of No. 4, why are they ranked lower on the list? Don't know why this bugs me so much, but it does.

Also, BigPern, good for you. If everyone is in the same ballpark, I have no problem splitting the bill. But if I order apps, meal and beer, but the person I'm with just gets the meal and water, I would expect to pay more.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

As someone who rarely drinks, if I'm out with someone who does, I expect the waiter to split the bill and not bill me for half of someone's liquor when all I have is a Coke.

7. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I'll agree on the check splitting thing if the difference is extreme, like bigpern's example, but I hate when people quibble over a few bucks. Say your bill should be $20, but an even split makes it $25 ... just pay the extra five bucks and don't whine.

Personally, I think the way to go is to order the most expensive stuff you can when out a big group dinner where the bill will be split evenly. :)

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Working in the industry, that is something they should have pointed out right away, or at least put a big sign up on the door informing customers what was going on.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Guess we know how they got wealthy now, huh? To fuck your own family like that, or at least try to. Sickness.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How come people who think they're well enough eat out, but aren't and wind up vomiting at the table, didn't make the list?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was screwed over on more than a few road trips when I was trying to keep my bill below a certain amount and there was a writer who was braver with the expense report than I was, ordering drink after drink after drink...

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Is it not possible where you people go to ask for separate checks before ordering?

Draft saved Draft deleted