1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ten Most Offensive kinds of restaurant behaviour

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am never bothered by rude patrons -- at least not for long.

I always carry a supply of dead cockroaches in a ziplock bag for such occasions.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Would this fall under the rude customer category on the list?

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That and if you are in a long wait, they make a nice snack ;)

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I always overtip, but there have been times that I've waited for the check for 20 minutes and just left. Did it at a place where I was a regular and they were so apologetic, I got my next meal for free, too.

By the way, I love the tone of the article. I don't know if I've ever heard a West Ontario accent in my head so clearly.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It should except the category was talking about being rude to the wait staff. The loud lady was fine to the wait staff, just drunk.

And I know, whodathunk a BBQ place would be filled with unrefined people. But our place is actually one of the nicer restaurants in town and by nicer I mean not a greasy-spoon joint or a Denny's knockoff. And oddly enough, I'm not in Alabama but in very rural California.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out how barbecue joints are filled with "unrefined" people ...

Sometimes the bigotry around here is staggering.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Something called reinitis makes my nose run, especially when I'm eating. Spicy stuff really makes it go. I blow my nose in restaurants a lot. Hell, it's not a foghorn, nobody is looking around to see who scored the goal. Not really loud at all, but I'm not running to the bathroom each time. Yes, I've used linen napkins, too, but I try to really wad them up so nobody is getting a handful of snot when they clear the table.
    I've never seen a diaper change in a restaurant, that probably crosses the line.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I am completely grossed out by blowing my own nose, but other people doing it doesn't bother me. I find coughing really annoying. Not gross, just annoying.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

People who eat barbecue are racists. Every one of 'em.

10. Except all-you-can-eat buffets.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I make up for it by volunteering at the soup kitchen. Never see you there. Wanna help? Grab a ladle!

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

As an allergy sufferer (my nose is running from February through November) who almost never goes into a restaurant without a pocketful of Kleenex, the nose blowing doesn't bother me at all. If my mother and I make it through a meal without having to blow our noses, we're doing exceptionally well.

And as for the last one, most restaurants, if you tell them up front that you're going to have separate checks, they are more than happy to split it up for you. When I worked in restaurants, more checks = more tips.

Draft saved Draft deleted