1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ten feet of snow in upstate New York

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Feb 10, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The U.S creates more pollution than any other country but you represent only 5% of the world's population. Go figure. It's not YOUR problem?

Right, it's those fucking European scientists who want to bring down the U.S.

You are bordering on Old Tony idiocy.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Perhaps -- if they have any stock left... or can get in to open...

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Great point, I had never thought about that. I can't even imagine getting 120-plus inches of snow in one week. That's insane.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no it doesn't ... feel free to leave yet another useless post.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you might want to check into china there tony.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Coming from the master of it, that's high praise indeed.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Sigh.

INDIVIDUAL WEATHER EVENTS ARE NOT FAIR INDICATORS OF LONG-TERM CLIMATE CHANGES. That includes the hurricanes of 2004-05 (Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation), the freaky warm (east)/super snowy (west) December and the current weather pattern (El Nino-influenced patterns). Snow today, 70 degree weather Monday and thundersleet on Tuesday neither proves nor disproves global warming/climate change on their own.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's February.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And with 10 feet of snow on the ground, outdoor baseball practice will begin on June 6

10. JackS

JackS Member

Actually, I think hondo meant me. I want to weaken our standing among developed nations.

11. Why do you hate America, Jack?

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Gee ... like it's our fault we're ahead of the curve, have been the most industrialized nation since 1776, invented almost everything that has benefited mankind since then and have the most efficient business, industry, production, etc. in the world.

Face it: 75 percent of the global warming screaming is just people here and aboard who want to punish us for being top dog all these years. Guess in the long run, we should have just been a larger version of Albania.

Draft saved Draft deleted