1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me why I shouldn't pay $49.95

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, May 2, 2009.

1. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

People will probably say that Hatton was never that good. That he was overrated. That he was over hyped. I don't think that is true at all. Hatton's a very good fighter. He's had a good career and has beaten some good guys. He's never been the best guy in the game, but he's been very good for a good number of years. Not pound for pound great but world class all the same. Pac was simply brilliant tonight though. It's not often that you get to see true sporting greatness in action.

Pacman/Mayweather will be something special when it happens.

Also, I was going to bet on Pac in three. I’m glad I didn't. Placing that bet and then watching him take Hatton apart in two would have been frustrating.

2. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

Things aren't that simple. For instance, like it or not, Vegas isn’t the centre of the heavyweight boxing anymore. Germany is.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I'd imagine that would just send all the title fights to Europe and Asia instead.

Or heck, maybe that's just what's needed to put Manitoba back on the map!

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I was definitely pulling for Hatton. Glad I didn't plop down the $50 for this one. Just a debacle.

Both Pac and Mayweather fought Hatton. Pac had the easier time. That mean Pac whips Mayweather?

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Actually, those organizations have become such a joke, the Ring champion is now readily acknowledged as the true champion in a weight division.

Hatton was considered the best in the light welterweight division, ahead of WBC/WBO champion Tom Bradley.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Whole fight here

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/hatton/video/x964el_pacquiao-vs-hatton_sport

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

HBO also has a policy of pretending the alphabet organizations don't exist, as if just mentioning them gives them credibility.
    I've always felt that was a silly policy. Like it or not, the alphabet groups aren't going anywhere. Ignoring them won't change that. I can't think of one sanctioning body that has gone out of business as a result of that policy.
    To me, if a fight is 12 rounds and a title is at stake, the people reporting on the fight should tell people which title or titles are at stake, regardless of what they think of the titles.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm more of the thought that if everybody would refuse to recognize the alphabet organizations, they would cease to matter, dry up, and blow away.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You were right. It was like Germany vs. France, circa 1940.

Draft saved Draft deleted