1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me something that's good about being single

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 2, 2011.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Jimmy Buffett thinks so too. :D

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Autonomy.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I can't think of anything good about long-term relationships.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

You meet more people

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm not wired to live the single life. My days of attending concerts, going to games and altering myself to various extents and degrees on a whim are a distant memory. And thank God they are. I had some good times when I was single, but mostly I felt like I barely existed, and some days I wished I didn't. Taking nothing away from those who find happiness being single, being a husband and father means more to me than any freedom I have sacrificed. As a wise songwriter once said, "Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose."

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I cannot tell you the spit take I just did. I'm thrilled to read it (and I already knew it) but there was a time you never would have thought you'd ever say that. :D

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just saw this.

Funny thing is, I feel exactly the same as you do

In the end I'll trade all that autonomy for the woman I love --without reservation.

Who else would I take road trips with?

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

We have one :)

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I've never understood the "eat anything I want" argument.

She's a vegetarian. I'm not. She thinks borscht is the greatest thing there is. I think it's one of the most disgusting.

She fixes what she wants. She eats when she wants. I fix what I want. I eat when I want.

It really can be that easy.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There is psychological pressure in a serious relationship to eat right.

It's not necessarily a bad thing.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm 50. I kicked psychological pressure and peer pressure to the curb three decades ago.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm 50! I'm a man!

No offense to you and your sig O, BTE. You know I love you. But that borscht thing might be a deal breaker. Dang that's disgusting.

On our end, I'm sipping coffee and ditzing around here. The Queen is on the couch, watching Today and playing with her iPad. I fixed two lunches today. One to take to work (where I best get soonly), one for her to eat on the drive back to Richmond. She'll head back as I head into the office.

And it will be just Ella and me when I get back here tonight. Not as much shit lying around but not as much fun either. though Ella is a wonderful roomie.

Quiet (which I concede is sometimes good). Ella and I will play, we'll walk down to the river, we'll eat and we'll go to bed. And set my clock for our next time together. I don't much like it but it is what we have right now so we make do.

Not so sure I'd dig being single again.

Draft saved Draft deleted