1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me I didn't just see what I just saw (Price is Right edition)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery Meat II, Sep 17, 2010.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I've always wanted to play Plinko. And if not Plinko, Hole in One (or Two!). And, while I'm at it, bidding $1 is like taking a walk in rec-league softball, the ultimate dick move.

2. Sports_Scribe

Sports_Scribe Member

Glenn to the Mountaintop!

[​IMG]

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Actually, I always thought bidding $1 was pretty good strategy. The dick move is when someone bids, and then the next person bids $1 more.

There was one show long ago, where a college-age guy kept bidding $1 more than this old lady right next to him. After about the third time, the woman slugged the guy in the arm pretty hard. Barker made a joke about it. The guy finally won that bid, then the old lady won the next bid.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And CBS is replacing the soap with a show that is "The View" for moms featuring Julie Chen. Hell, I'd want her on a show I pitched to CBS as well.

I respect Willow Bay more and more. She hasn't done anything ABC related since marrying the Disney boss.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Toughest decision I had freshman year was (1) 8 am Chem Lecture Hall or (2) sleep in and watch TPiR at 10 a.m.

Never was going to get an A in Chem anyways.

6. printit

printit Member

Drew was smart to take TPIR gig, but just looks bored in it. This is the guy who gave the interview about how, once comedians get successful, they become less funny, or something like that.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You think straight women are the only ones who appreciate "studly dudes"? ::)

I tried to watch Carey's TPIR. His apparent lack of enthusiasm lost me with just the few snippets I've seen of the show. The only thing I like that he does differently from Bob Barker is renaming Barker's Beauties to The Price Is Right Girls. Makes them seem less like sex objects and more like actually being part of the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted