1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me again why we should believe Al Gore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Aug 12, 2006.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Droughts are bad.

And here is my work.

[​IMG]

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building. "
    Well, if he was going to blow up a building, he would have served America better had he ventured further east. But that aside, if you don’t understand rhetoric to get a rise – and the fact that people on both sides do it – you haven’t been paying attention.

“I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much.”
    Sure, it’s a little over the top. If you read the whole chapter, her point is that the women and their defenders believe that whatever they say can’t be challenged simply because their husbands died. And she’s right about the fact that that’s wrong.

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."
    Spot on.

"The swing voters -- I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster."
    She’s 100% right about this. Either you have principles or you don’t. You’re not a liberal on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and alternating Sundays a conservative on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and alternating Sundays.

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"
    Again, I agree with her, although raping the earth is a little bit over the top. But, again, there’s that hyperbole thing that you apparently don’t have appear to have a grasp of. But it appears to work because she sure has your attention.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thank you, tony, for making sure no one will ever take you seriously.

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."
    Spot on.

Jesus Wept.

4. old_tony

So warmer weather means automatic drought? Tell that to the folks in Florida who can set their watches by the daily afternoon thundershower. And, again, droughts happened long before the industrial age and supposed global warming. Please explain that.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Do not feed the troll.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

That column was the primary reason that National Review -- you know, the standard bearer for responsible conservatism -- dropped Coulter. If you are on the other side of NR....Tom Coburn has to look to his right to see you.

7. old_tony

Well, it beats the crap out of letting them bomb innocent people over and over again because we refuse to live a sixth-century lifestyle. Evil unanswered is evil accepted. You were a big fan of Chamberlin back in the 40s, right?

8. old_tony

Come on now, admit it: You don't read National Review and you don't think there's any such thing as "responsible conservatism." But they dropped her -- as is their right -- so suddenly you're going to cite them as your hero? Nice try. They dropped her. Plenty of other places publish her. I'd surmise no one on this board makes as much from their writing as she does.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

You haven't been hanging around this board very long, have ya, Anthony? I love National Review. Ramesh Ponnuru is scary smart. Jonah Goldberg is a superb writer and John Derbyshire might be a bigoted old coot, but he is an entertaining bigoted old coot. I also enjoy reading Rich Lowry's stuff. I think K-Lo is kinda pedestrian and Mark Levin is an idiot. But I read the Corner several times a day and consider myself a conservative.

My point still stands: if a publication like NR, which doesn't even attempt to hide its conservatisim thinks Coulter stepped over the line, I'd say it is a pretty safe assumption that she stepped over the line.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I was a real big fan of diplomacy and letting cooler heads prevail . . . in October 1962.

Because it works if you have the right people in power.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

It also only works against certain enemies.

12. old_tony

Well, Pope, I didn't say she didn't step over the line. In fact, I said she did in some of those cases. But let me ask you this: Have you read any of her books?

Besides, this thread isn't about Coulter. It's about Al Gore's complete hypocracy, but we've veered off course. Nonetheless, if you're as conservative as you say, I look forward to reading your posts.

Draft saved Draft deleted