1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me again why we should believe Al Gore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Aug 12, 2006.

1. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

God, you're dumb.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What are the odds that old tony is bobblehead?

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Quite a collection you guys have for the debate team. I can see why all you have is name calling.

Let's see what we have here:
    From JR
    "Coulter is a fraud and an an embarrassment to even the most conservative of conservatives. She's irrelevant."
    And she'd hand you your phony ass any time in any debate. It's obvious you can't deal with strong women.

From Hell-fire:
    "Debating Ann Coulter on the facts is like LeBron James playing Jack Black in a one-on-one game to 100. You can spot Jack 97 points, and it's still gonna be an ass-kicking."
    I didn't know you fancied yourself Jack Black to Coulter's LeBron James. But I do understand why.

From jgmacg:
    "Then how do you know it won't kill us?"
    So the threshold is that I have to prove it won't kill us but you don't have to prove it will? No wonder you don't try to debate. You'd get buried. It's not my job to prove the negative, it's your job to prove the positive.

And there's more from this genius:
    "And if you're such a fan of Ms. Coulter's, clearly you must be talking about Adam as that first man walking. Which means the earth had warmed and cooled in cycles by great degrees all during that what, that first week or two of The Creation? Right?"
    I said nothing at all about the Creation or Adam and Eve. But apparently you know you're so off that you have to change the subject.

"I'm not sure what your strategy is here Old Tony."
    No strategy needed. Just asking you guys to present a cogent argument. It's a strategy I see won't be paying off.

From 2muchcoffee (and too much what else I can only imagine) after I said the end of the ice age was a good thing:
    "Given the fact that we don't have glaciers extending as far south as Dayton, it's pretty fair to say that you've offered up a Grade-A non sequitur."
    I said the ice age ended and it's a good thing, you say there are no glaciers as far south as Dayton. Sounds like you're agreeing with me. You might want to review what you write before you hit "post".

From Duaner: "God, you're dumb."
    Your high school debate coach would be so proud.

And, from the ever intellectual Zeke12: "What are the odds that old tony is bobblehead?"
    See response to Duane. Seeing this is your first participation in the entire thread, I'm glad to see you at least were smart enough to stay away from trying to debate. Good job of knowing your weaknesses and trying to avoid them.

Call out the cavalry again, gang.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't know how well she can write.

But apparently she's good at cutting and pasting the words of other writers.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yep, complete change in the farming cycles and zones is just a minor problem.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I shall now begin channeling boom.

You want to make this about Ann Coulter, g'head and defend any of the following:

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building. "

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

“I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much.”

Coulter on 9/11 widows.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."

Coulter on foreign policy.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

One of my favorites, Coulter explaining the political spectrum:

"The swing voters -- I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster."

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

One more, for fun.

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"

Coulter on stewardship.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Longer growing seasons is bad how? And show your work.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Ahh, ignoring the bile-filled rantings of Ms. Coulter, I see.

One more for the peanut gallery, then.

"It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact. In fact, in every presidential election since 1950 - except Goldwater in '64 - the Republican would have won, if only the men had voted."

Draft saved Draft deleted