1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me again why we should believe Al Gore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Aug 12, 2006.

1. Jesus wept.

2. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

He ain't the only one.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It is a gem, isn't it?

If mean temperatures end up a half-degree, a degree or even two degrees higher, what really will happen? I know, I know, "every serious scientist" probably says that sea level will rise by xxx feet and you'll be hanging fishing poles out of the 80th floor of your mid-town Manhattan condo. Right? How about getting serious? Ain't gonna happen.

Again, the earth has cooled and warmed in cycles by greater degrees than that before man walked the earth. Personally, I think the end of the ice age was a pretty good thing. You, I take it, don't.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Maybe this has been linked, maybe not.

I certainly don't wanna confuse anyone with facts ... Tony.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/22/D8IDK16G0.html

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wow. Anne Coulter really has shown up here but this time with a lobotomy.

If Tony had a brain he'd eat it.

6. old_tony

I take it Ann Coulter rubs you liebrals the wrong way? Yeah, the truth usually does bother liebrals.

As a matter of fact, I'm about two-thirds of the way through her latest book "Godless." The woman sure can write. She really makes liebrals look silly -- but then again they pretty much do that on their own, too -- with her words and with how they react to her.

Anyone ever notice that none of the liebrals ever tries to refute her words. Instead, it's just assassinate the messenger because they can't debate the message. Pretty funny stuff, actually.

7. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

"Liebrals"! That's clever! It's rearranging the letters to put the "lie" in the word "liberals" right out front!

Meet Anne Coulter's readers.

8. old_tony

Can't put nuthin' past you, eh, Duane?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Coulter is a fraud and an an embarrassment to even the most conservative of conservatives.

She's irrelevant.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Debating Ann Coulter on the facts is like LeBron James playing Jack Black in a one-on-one game to 100. You can spot Jack 97 points, and it's still gonna be an ass-kicking.

:D :D

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Again, the earth has cooled and warmed in cycles by greater degrees than that before man walked the earth.
    Then how do you know it won't kill us?

And if you're such a fan of Ms. Coulter's, clearly you must be talking about Adam as that first man walking. Which means the earth had warmed and cooled in cycles by great degrees all during that what, that first week or two of The Creation? Right?

I'm not sure what your strategy is here Old Tony.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Given the fact that we don't have glaciers extending as far south as Dayton, it's pretty fair to say that you've offered up a Grade-A non sequitur.

Draft saved Draft deleted