1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me again why we should believe Al Gore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Aug 12, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

At long last, Lou and I have found something we can agree on.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Priceless. ;D ;D ;D

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That's phenOMMMMenal [/rome]

4. I'm here for the comedy and humor, and not weather and coffee jokes.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Sir, in my heart, I know I'm funny.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Richard Cohen chimes in.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

All the graph really proves is that temperatures apparently are cyclical. The late 1800s and the 1940s also show consistent temps above the straight line, and they're both followed by cycles of temps consistently below the straight line.

I still roll on the floor laughing every now and then recalling the story from last fall how scientists were all concerned because "global warming" was going to cause serious cooling in Eurpoe. As I recall the story, global warming was destroying the currents that bring warm water up from the southern Atlantic toward England. That story right there told me all I need to know about the credibility of the global warming crowd. It's even to blame for cooling. What a bunch of jokers.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

9. old_tony

I guess that settles it. I didn't realize it was "every serious" and "fact". Nope, no room for debate, then. It couldn't possibly be that the sun is burning hotter. It couldn't possibly be that more sun is getting through because the air is actually cleaner than it was in the 70s. Nope, it's man-made, definitely, even though there were also warming periods before man existed. Yup, it's definitely man's fault. Even worse, it's only American man's fault.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I guess that settles that. Old_Tony has spoken. Global warming doesn't exist and his science degree, earned by licking his finger, sticking it in somebody's ear and someone else laughing, is more than necessary.

Yup. No doubt about it. Old_Tony is the one that has figured it all out.

I would just like to point out that the person that discovered the Ice Age was a bigot that believed that Black people evolved from "different apes" than white people.

As such, according to Old_tony and Chris_L, we should just discard the whole issue on the first Ice Age because the fucking guy was a racist and a complete moron when it came to evolution.

It is really no surprise that fucking morons walk this earth when you read such utterly stupid shit.

Up next... How to prevent jock itch by using a brillow pad. ::)

11. old_tony

Like I said: No room for debate. It's "every" "serious" and "fact."

All I did was present a few possible alternative theories, but of course there's no room for debate.

Here's a hint: It's not "every serious scientist" by any means. If you think it is, you're the one(s) fooling yourself.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Quick question:

If global warming is, in fact, a man-made phenomenon, there's a great deal to be gained by doing something about it.

If global warming isn't a man-made problem, and is simply a natural cycle of some kind, what harm do we do ourselves by having tried to do something about it?

It seems to me that "none" is the answer, but I'm sure I'll find out otherwise.

Draft saved Draft deleted