1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me again why we should believe Al Gore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Aug 12, 2006.

1. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

typical right-wing bullshit. If you don't like the message, attack the messenger, not the message.

I don't give a fuck about Al Gore. I give a fuck about our future, about the world our children and grandchildren have to live in and in whether we can reverse the shit we've already done to this planet.

But no, let's worry about Al fucking Gore's life.

2. Yeah because everyone knows Bush is bad for the environment and that Gore did so much while VP. Oh wait - he never did anything as VP did he.

Single largest act of ocean conservation vs telling people how to act while doing the opposite.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2003061929_webhawaii14.html

Every single person who saw An Inconvenient Truth would have to purchase 40 acres of wilderness to equal the area of the Earth that Bush just protected with a stroke of his pen.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Lou is no Lorax... he does not speak for the trees.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Fredo might be good for the environment, but he's bad for ... well pretty much everything else.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The steep veering away from the straight line since 2000 cannot be considered anything other than frightening.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The next time we start a thread about hypocrisy . . .

. . . let it be about something important, such as a group of people who start wars who have never been closer than 6,000 miles to experiencing any combat themselves.

If you believe Al Gore . . . the worst thing that will happen is the air and water will be cleaner and we will become less dependent on foreign oil.

If you believe George Bush . . . well, you see where that has gotten us.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Of course Al Gore did nothing as VP. That's what a VP is supposed to do...smile, stand out of the way, be ready in case the president dies, and don't hurt anyone.

Oh, wait.

8. Actually, "the original point" was "why should we believe Al Gore." Please see thread title.
    The answer to that is that every reputable independent scientist in the world does.
    It's telling that, in the entire piece that was linked as "the original point" there wasn't a single refutation of anything that Gore said, just that he shouldn't be the one to say it because of blah-blah-liberal-blah. It's not an original thought by any means. FDR was attacked by what he called "the malefactors of great wealth" for being "a traitor to his class." JFK was attacked for his interest in working class issues during his first run for Congress by people who kept asking him why he had a houseboy at Harvard and why he lived in Palm Beach. It's a neat little parlor trick, if you don't want to engage the actual issues, but it can make you feel good about yourself. For example:

I own no slaves, so I've done more for human freedom than Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, or George Washington.
    I don't gamble, so I've done more to fight personal immorality than Bill Bennett.
    I don't fool around on the side, so I've done more for the institution of marriage than Henry Hyde, Newt Gingrich, or Bob Livingston.
    I never had lunch with the bin Laden family, so I've done more to combat terror than GHW Bush.
    I never shook the hand of Saddam Hussein, so I've done more to combat the Iraqi dictatorship than Donald Rumsfeld.
    I never sold missiles to the mullahs, so I've done more to fight Islamojihadifascism than Ollie North or Ronald Reagan, or the state of Israel, for that matter.
    I don't drink and drive, so I've done more for highway safety than George W. Bush, and a lot more for it than Dick Cheney.
    I don't drink a beer and shoot a gun recklessly, so I've done more for gun safety than See Above.

9. So what you are saying is that you're no fun at parties.

10. Readers Digest is considering publishing one of my jokes.

11. I'm glad you're sticking around.

12. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Mr. Gore has done so much to raise awareness to this topic that I wouldn't give two shits if he drove a Hummer with each foot while using his hands to finger-blast Michelle Malkin and Rush Limbaugh's rect.

Draft saved Draft deleted