1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me again why we should believe Al Gore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Aug 12, 2006.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Using this same logic, we can deduce this: Bush and Cheney and Rumsfeld and Rice and Wolfowitz and Limbaugh and Hannity and everyone else tell us that we need to invade Iraq because it poses a grave threat to the U.S., but none of them will enlist in the military themselves to fight.

What hypocrites! Therefore, Iraq must pose no threat.

Hey, maybe the righties are on to something . . .

2. And who were John Adams, Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson to say we needed to fight against the British? They never signed up for the Continental Army.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I brought up Kyoto because Gore inserted it near the end of AIT, in a way which did not put the US in a favorable light for
    not falling right into line.

No way I'm falling into line for Kyoto, that make-Uncle-Sucker-pay-the-lion's share, beat-up-the-US piece of shit.

That said, it would speak wonders if we managed to live at least marginally more-responsibly without any government armtwisting.

4. Slackers.
    Of course, Franklin was 212 years old by then.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

Signing the Declaration of Independence was signing their own death warrant - they would have been hanged just as the Irish rebels fighting for freedom from British tyranny in 1916 were hanged.

6. Sorry, Gold, but the brave Fenian bastards of 1916 were shot, not hanged.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

I stand corrected, but you get the idea and hopefully Lou M does, too.

8. Actually - if we are going to be mixing Irish metaphors I think the correct one would be "it is as dumb to drag down Al Gore for his energy usage as it was for the Irish to cast aside Parnell for his adultery" (or something like that).

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Whither Old Tony with his daily lamentations on the (unnatural) nature of (political) science? Perhaps he's still driving to his job on the moon.

A quick survey may help us pass the time until he arrives: What do we think Old Tony drives?

Given the name and avatar, an easy guess would be a 1967 Fleetwood.

Still, thinking of the age in which we live, and OT's libertarian ardor on the thrills of compassionate combustionism, I'll say 2002 Ford Excursion, with the optional heavy-duty towing package. Because behind him, everywhere he goes, he tows a boat. Just for the hell of it.

The boat is a Bayliner 26, with twin MercCruiser 175s. And they're running.

Even when he's parked at work.

10. Last night I dreamt I bought an AMC Gremlin limo with silver paint, tinted windows and black leather interior.

It was a really cool car.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Oh Lou.

Did you take it off any sweet jumps?

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Shocks, pegs...LUCKY!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted