1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me again why we should believe Al Gore

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Aug 12, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Yes, only conservatives fund research that fits their agenda.

Continue with this balanced thread.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

If he landed on his melon, he'll come back here smarter.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Don't you think you woulda been better off not to point out my mistake, since it took you a full day and at least five posts to realize it?

I just hate that the mistake was there, because had it not grabbed your full attention, I'm sure you would've knocked out another wonderful post in response. A real shame.

I particularly enjoy it when someone pops on here, makes an idiotic argument (WHO DOESN'T LIKE WARMER TEMPS?????) and then claims all the people who call him out are "going ballistic" and taking the whole thing waaaaayyyyy to serious.

Ah well, I'm off to roast marshmallows in the wildfire (WHO DOESN'T LOVE A FIRE?) and maybe tomorrow I'll harvest shriveled and dried crops (BUT IT'S OK BECAUSE WE'VE GOT LONGER GROWING SEASONS!!!!).

4. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Yeah, it's all about the hypocrisy, not the issue itself. God, you people.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Yeah, but if you are popping 5 hours a day in driving to and from work, your brain function is to be called into further question... is that possible?

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Fuhrman said the n-word, so O.J. must have been innocent.

7. For what its worth - some of the facts mentioned in this thread have made me rethink my position on global warming.

However, some of the snarky attitudes have made me want to run my car all day at the curb of my house with the AC on.

8. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

It's worth a lot, actually! Good line about the AC, too.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Pallister, you are correct. There are scientists funded by liberal groups with an agenda. However, there are many many scientists that are independant and they are the ones pushing forward on the Global Warming discussion.

As to Kyoto... I'm not sure why that was even brought up. This topic is on Al Gore and how vague information about him is reason to believe that Global Warming isn't real.

Of course, none of that matters. The US doesn't need to sign on to the Kyoto agreement to take measures to protect the environment. You would think that a country that continually touts its moral compass would voluntarily take measures on their own.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The originall point wasn't that Global Warming is a myth.

The original point was that Al Gore is a fucking hypocrite of the highest order.

11. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

The original question was "Why should we believe Al Gore?" And that was attempted to be answered.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

A "fucking hypocrite of the highest order." Wow. On what grounds can you prove that? The article link has no definitive proof of anything it posits. It only shows that there could be some inconsistencies if certain things are a certain way. No real proof of jack squat.

Draft saved Draft deleted