1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me about St. Augustine, Florida...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bostonbred, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I hope you're not going to an expensive, out-of-state private school to study journalism. Flagler has outstanding business admin and education programs.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I popped the question to Mrs. Playthrough at St. Augustine. The original plan was to ask on the beach at nite, under the stars, blah blah blah, but after a nice dinner we caught a major downpour. She kinda knew what the trip was for anyway, so while sitting in my '87 Jeep Cherokee to avoid the rain I gave her the ring there.

About a year later the Jeep died and we traded it in, and the Mrs. cried when we had to hand over the keys at the dealership.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I know you'll be a poor college student and all, but there's a good restaurant in old town called Columbia. Nice Spanish-style fare.

4. And don't forget the entire town is haunted.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Honestly, I'm more of a Tebow fan than anything. He's an amazing athlete and a great deal of fun to watch.

As far as my major goes, it'll probably be Communications with a minor in Journalism.

I checked it out and the cost will be almost exactly the same to attend Flagler as it would be to go an in-state public school, like the University of New Hampshire (which is where I lived before moving down here a few weeks ago).

UNH ($11,000 in state tuition + $8,000 room and board + $1,500 for books/supplies) vs. Flagler ($13,000 tuition + $7,000 room and board + $900 books/supplies...according to collegeboard.com)

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

So you're paying pretty much the same price, but you wasted all that money to move to Florida? Hopefully it works out for you.

7. That's why you're the champ.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Jeez, I wish my college and life decisions were made that easy.

9. sgaleadfoot

sgaleadfoot Member

spent numerous vacations in the st. augustine area growing up and love the place, both the town and the beach area.

For great seafood, The Oasis and O'Steens are a must. Saltwater Cowboys isn't bad either.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No easier than your mental health advice, or pretty much every opinion you ever offer about anything.

11. PWNED!

12. Rumpleforeskin

Hey, why don't you consult your buddy over there, he's looking a bit date-rapey.

Draft saved Draft deleted