1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tell me about Albuquerque

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BB Bobcat, Aug 14, 2011.

1. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

The Tigers were even more shocked that he got hit on the head by a line drive in batting practice the other day in Baltimore.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If you're in Santa Fe, that's less than 90 miles away, so you'll have time to roll a number, and rent a car.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Albuquerque is about 15 minutes from Tahoe.

4. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Anyone ever rent a bike at the top of Sandia Peak and ride down? I'm thinking that could be fun, or could scare the crap out of me, depending on how steep it is and how sharp the turns are and how likely a bus will be coming up from the other direction.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

But he's out of the hospital.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2011/08/tigers_al_alburquerque_release.html

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I hear Los Pollos Hermanos makes a pretty strong bird ...

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You go to Virginia Tech?

A local friend just got back from the ABQ after a college reunion/get together. Anyhoo, he complained about the nose bleeds.

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The city's tourism board should've offered Al Alburquerque's parents money to name him Visit and remove the 'r' from the last name.

9. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

In six trips, I've seen two carjackings in the middle of the afternoon in parts of town that seemed somewhat nice. Also, my windshield was cracked on the way there to cover the New Mexico Bowl.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Best crystal meth in the country.

I know... Someone beat me to it...

11. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Originally the city was spelled the same way (with the extra r before the first q).

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

That's freakin insanity. But I'm not a cyclist.

Draft saved Draft deleted