1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Television character draft

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gehrig, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Whichever school offered the most in cars, booze and hookers gets their hat available to be chosen from.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How was this not posted by ijag?

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

are their different "positions" we have to fill on our roster? like hero, anti-hero, villain, sitcom dad, stone-cold hottie, recurring character, person with mental health issues. That would bring draft strategy into play. Sitcom dad becomes like the kicker in this draft with everyone waiting until the last round to go for a Mike Seaver and laughing at the person who drafts Heathclif Huxtable two rounds too early.
    Meanwhile person with mental health issues becomes the position that everyone waits on, then once Dexter goes off the board, there's a run as people grab up Dennis Reynolds, Marvin from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Cassie from the British version of Skins.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Perhaps this question was asked and I missed the answer. But do you pick a Bryan Cranston and get both his well-known characters, or do you just get to pick one character or the other?

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but by the third game of the season he'll be demanding a bigger salary, grumbling about management and plotting to take over the franchise.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

This thread is perfect the way it is. Any clarifications would ruin it.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If I had started this thread, Babar would have returned just to tell me how much it sucked.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If one were so inclined how would they draft My Mother The car?

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My starting backcourt.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I'm picking Columbo and Larry David, put them in car together and see what happens.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My starting five.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

"With the first pick of the 2012 Television Character Draft, the Point of Order Procrastinators select Steamboat Willie."

Draft saved Draft deleted