1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Televised Obliteration: Mavs crush Kobe's LAL. Postscript - PJax, LAL fined 50K

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Re: 'Pwned' in Prime Time - KOBE leads LA to franchise-historic lows *New Links 1*

Kobe is RokSki's obsession, he's his obsession
    What does Mamba want JDV's brother to be, to make him sleep with him?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Re: 'Pwned' in Prime Time - KOBE leads LA to franchise-historic lows *New Links

Chuck -- You're borderline delusional here.

This comes from someone with no rooting interest in the NBA: Kobe Bryant wasn't the MVP of the league when his team was winning titles, and he won't be the MVP for .500 and a first-round playoff loss.

Those are the facts, and they are not in question.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Re: 'Pwned' in Prime Time - KOBE leads LA to franchise-historic lows *New Links 1*

Most. Valuable. Player.

That is all.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Chuck, you are patently insane with the hero worship. Go back to patrolling Ron Ron threads to tell us how we wouldn't criticize a recidivist athlete in another sport.

I also told you all this wouldn't end well.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Are you serious?
    Just because I think Kobe should should get more consideration for MVP dosn't mean I think he's a hero.
    And I don't mean to threadjack, but I NEVER said that you guys don't critcize a recidvist athletes in other sports. NEVER. What I was saying was that these things don't only happen in the NBA. You just love to change my posts up don't you?

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I will have him, yes I will have him
    I will find a way...and I will have him.

I haven't thought of that song in years.

Nice, Colossus. :)

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Normally, I find Chuck to be an interesting and insightful poster, which explains my shock that he continues to maintain such an indefensible position on this matter.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Chuck, if you're talking Kobe as an MVP candidate, then you are mired ball-deep in hero worship. The guy is the best player on his team. His team is 33-31. So they'd be 14-50 without him. Big deal. When you're the difference between the no. 1 pick and a first-round elimination, you're not the most valuable player in the league.

And it wasn't just Artest I was referring to. You go apeshit defending your favorite players from criticism (Michael Vick comes to mind) and say these things don't only happen in (fill in sport here) and paint it as if we're somehow unfair and holding them to a different standard. We're not. Stop with the hero worship and you'll see it.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

No worries here, Chuck. :)

You're one of the few posters I know that consistently likes talking about the NBA, which certainly makes you good in my book.

In that vein, I can't count the number of times you've rescued me from talking to myself in the NBA thread.

You're kind, considerate, intelligent and you handle a ribbing pretty well, a lot better than I usually do (admittedly not a high standard to overcome). You are likely the least-surprised person on the board that I started this thread (with apologies to Piotr).

Post whatever you like in any of my threads (within SJ's rules, of course), including rips on me/my takes.

Yep, just ask Rain Man Jones.

Well, maybe that's not the best example...

;)

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Prophets often go unheeded in their own time. :)

11. Chuck~Taylor

1. Michael Vick is not, I repeat IS NOT, my favorite player and he is not, and will never be, my hero.
    2. I have never defended Ron Artest.
    3. I've never said that you guys were unfair. You want to show a thread about RonRon doing these things? Fine by me, he deserves it.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's not an argument. So I'll ask again: If Bryant didn't win the award when his team was winning NBA titles, why would he win it now?

His team has 33 wins. How much value can he have? 11 teams in the league have a better record than that. It's only 17 wins above the worst team in the league, for the love of god. Simple math would tell you that over 60 games, a completely average NBA team would have 30 wins. The Lakers have 33 in 64. Where are you finding the value?

He leads the league in NO major statistical categories, and is truly near the top only in PPG. Which is more than mitigated by his shot attempts.

Kobe Bryant is a talented player who is more than happy to play on a mediocre team so he can shoot whenever he wants. That does not come close to making him the most valuable player in a league full of fantastic basketball players whose TEAMS ALSO WIN GAMES.

Not close. Take off the fanboy glasses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.