1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Telander raises pimp hand

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

People love to group-hate their local institutions. It's a bonding thing.

The school cafeteria. The city government. Local news. Management. The boss.

The local paper.

2. People are going to hate newspapers whether we write about each other or not.
    This column was fun.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I think most fans read these columns and think, 'huh?'

There are times when it makes for a good story--the Guillen/Marriotti stuff. But bickering about whether it's appropriate for a newspaper to put a team logo alongside a palm tree....it just seems that when the Bears are 6-0, there have to be better things for that town's two top columnists to write about.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Can we please stop using "pimp hand" and "working corners" as expressions around here?

I'd hate to think I'm the only person here who has a problem with anything that helps to glorify the lifestyle and antics of one of society's lowest parasitic forms.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Didn't you know Double J, it's now required on SJ to prove to Whitlock that you're as down with the street jive as he is. ::)

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Jive is right, that is, if jive = bullshit.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Bullshit is correct!

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Pimpin ain't easy, JJ, but it's necessary.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Totally agree, although I'm almost certain you're being sarcastic. People eat this stuff up. What people don't care about is the spread in the press box, etc. But they love the person - to - person dynamics stuff, or organization - to - organization stuff. Because it's stuff they don't know anything about, and it makes Joe Sixpack think that all the 'bigwigs' have the same issues with each other that he does with his neighbor. I'm not saying that it's the most worthwhile and highbrow stuff to write about, but it definitely gets a reaction.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Remember when sports writers wrote about sports?

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Phil Rogers constantly fellating Cub management in the Trib is enough to gag a maggot.

Draft saved Draft deleted