1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teen shot after egging SUV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index.jsp?cat=DOMESTIC&fn=/2006/12/03/533528.html&cvqh=itn_suvSlain

Whatever happened to calling the police?
    Some people need to lighten up.

2. There will be just as many posts defending the gunman on this thread.
    Criswell predicts...

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Kid wouldn't have gotten shot if he wasn't being a moron...

But he's the lesser of the two wrongs here.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Why can't people respect other people's shit anymore? Not that the shooter was anything close to right or anything....

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

We just used to throw snowballs at cars. Only ever got caught once.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

It's kinda late in the year to be egging cars isn't it? Egging is done around Halloween.......this is snowball season. And if there isn't any snow, tough break.

It's also in poor taste to egg a car. Egging and snowballs should be limited to T buses...

No one deserves to be shot over an egg, especially a 14 year old kid. Kids do stupid things, sadly the shooter acted like a child too.

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I landed one once right in the middle of this guy's windshield. He chased my friends and I all over the neighborhood. I took my coat and glasses off and turned my hat backwards as I tried to disappear into suburbia. Didn't work. I ended up sprinting through all these backyards, crashing through bushes and whatnot. I was able to dive into the mudroom of my house and get below the glass on the screen door just as he came around the corner in his car. That was good times.

8. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I vaguely remember somebody a while back bragging about brandishing his gun at some guy who cut him off in traffic. If that guy got defended here -- and he did -- the shooter is sure to have some backers.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

We had a few occasions when guys would jump out of their cars and chase us on foot. Fortunately for us, we lived in a government housing project and there were all kinds of hiding places. Unless you were really familiar with the neighbourhood (and most passing motorists were not), you had pretty much no hope of catching us.

I say pretty much no hope because a friend and I were indeed caught once. Luckily, the guy just yelled at us and let us go after we apologized. We were pretty shook up; it was a good half-hour before we ever did that kind of thing again. ;D

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Couldn't they have been like Larry David and hired a symphony to play Vagner on the guy's lawn in the middle of the night?

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Exactly.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Not trying to justify egging cars....but it was a 14 year old kid. The kid is dead because he threw an egg....he didn't "respect" a guys car, the shooter doesn't respect anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted