1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teen charged with encouraging boyfriend's suicide

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Roll, nor role.

I'll admit, at first I was focusing on the "who's" and it took me a few seconds to figure it out.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Ha, OK. I was looking at "who's," as well.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's OK. At least it didn't take us until the end of the 192-game baseball season to figure it out.

doctorquant likes this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Very interesting. Thanks.

5. Dick Whitman

One thing about this case: It should put parents of teen-age boys on guard regarding how far a smitten teen-age boy will go to satisfy the girl he believes he is in love with. Reading the conversation, it is pretty clear to me that he didn't want to let her down.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

And what the hell was "involuntary" out of that entire exchange? Seemed pretty voluntary to me.

EDIT: Didn't read the discussion after. Still doesn't make sense.

7. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

As the parent of two teen-age boys; believe you me I'm doing the best I can. Yesterday 9th grader was hanging out with a group of boys and girls and he tells me he's going to one of the girls' house. We know the girl but not the place so I say yes. Then when it comes time to pick him up (5 pm) I'm nervous about what I'll find out; Grandma greets me and there are 4 adults and the kids are all swimming. Big sigh of relief that the adults are all observant and kind. Minefields out there almost every day.

8. Dick Whitman

I'm constantly shocked at the "cute" stories on social media regarding kids as young as 5, 6, and 7 crushing on each other or having "little girlfriend(s)." Someone's kindergartner gets a "special Valentine" from a boy, and it garners 200 "likes."

Stoney likes this.
  9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Jesus. Lighten up.

10. Dick Whitman

No. I won't. It's too young.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, the word Valentine immediately turns Dick off.

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I'm bringing this back to the original thread.

Every generation has had its own sociopaths and attention whores. I can't blame her behavior on generational trends. Although certainly some of the tools she used are those of modern life, we have always had people who act out abhorrently, sometimes just for attention.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    SnarkShark and FileNotFound like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted