1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teen-agers are getting kind of lame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

From what I've seen lately, the amount their parents drink and drug, abstaining from that stuff IS rebelling.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Disco fans need not apply, I take it.

3. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Did somebody say stand-up routines about airline food?

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Do teenagers exist these days? I haven't seen many out in the streets.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Teens today have a higher % of micromanaged lemmings among them. their parents still feel bad about their own childhoods full of daydreaming and playing without goals and rewards.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I do think it's important to keep them busy with whatever interests them -- sports, music, activities, whatever.

Bored kids tend to hang with other bored kids (the others are busy doing things) and often decide to follow the worst ideas of the dumbest among them.

Kids may be lame, but they are still OD'ing, getting thrown in jail, producing grandchildren you weren't expecting, etc.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Just look for the boys wearing shorts and no jacket when it's 10 degrees out.

X-Hack and jr/shotglass like this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

While charging my iPhone battery the other day at the LA Auto Show, I had to sit and listen to a presentation about new spyware Chevy is offering on some models -- it's designed to allow parents to set the maximum speed and distance cars can go, and tracks their speed, acceleration, lane changing and the like, then downloads a daily report to the parents' phone so that they can then arrange an ass-kicking, I mean a conversation, with their child about their driving habits.

Fuck me if my parents had this thing when I got my license at 15....

Chevrolet Pressroom - United States - Videos

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That would involve me buying my teen a new car. And the odds of anything that advanced still working on a used Chevy are 1-in-never.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Tried that. Those are the youth sports coaches.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted