1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teddy Bear may bring 40 lashes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 27, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Sorry bdwp, you're actually not getting moral relativism here, at least not from me. The acts and punishments described on these threads are morally abhorrent, and worthy of condemnation by the entire world.

What you are getting - at least from me - is a backsass corrective to the intent with which most of these threads arrive here. Certain posters find it bracing to reinforce their prejudices and fan their own fears on a daily basis. In doing so, they seek to convict every Muslim everywhere of cruelty, stupidity and moral ignorance.

And no culture anywhere deserves to be defined only by its worst impulses. Even ours.

2. joe

joe Active Member

That thing you close so the cows don't get out.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Anybody being waterboarded for simply being named Mohammad?

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hondo and Black Dude, you both need to do a little more with regards to reading comprehension. Nothing in what I said indicated naming a teddy bear warrants 40 lashes. But as fucking conservatives, what about personal responsibility? Put aside the punishment for a moment and answer this simple question:

If something is against the law and someone does it, does that person not deserve to be punished? 40 lashes is excessive, no doubt, but until you can answer yes to that simple question, debate is pointless.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Black Dude answered your question, very eloquently, several posts ago.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Can't one of the moddys merge this with the other teddy bear thread?

That would keep Hondo & Abbott--sj's two biggest bigots-in one place.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Find any post I've ever made that convicted every Muslim. I pointed out the dangerous, intolerant views of what apparently passes for criminal justice in the Sudan in relation to this teacher. Nothing more, nothing less.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You calling me a bigot repeatedly won't make it true.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The body of your work on the board speaks for itself.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, Hondo, here's your opening post:

But of course you don't hate all brown people.

You're not just a bigot. You're also a fucking fraud.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Uhm, no he didn't Hondo. And unless you're going to answer, why bother posting?

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

In our legal system, ignorance of the law is not an excuse for violating it. While we might think certain laws in other countries are reprehensible, we really should expect no different standard regarding ignorance of the law.

Draft saved Draft deleted