1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teddy Bear may bring 40 lashes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 27, 2007.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Perhaps the kind of insanity that would condemn humanity to sin forever because somebody ate an apple.

One person's insanity is another's idea of justice.

2. Gosh, I'm going to take the "crazy" view that both cases are examples of injustices. Is that OK?

Perhaps every post that references another nation should include a corresponding example from the United States, and then we could forestall these inevitable responses.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Or, perhaps, people should devote more time to rooting out justice at home instead of convincing themselves -- and attempting to convince others -- that any particular religious or ethnic group has the market cornered on it.

Be the change, etc.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

But they aren't so quit trying to equate beheading someone because they were gay or didn't have their face covered with a Baptist minister preaching that homosexuality is a sin. Depending on your point of view, the Baptist minister is merely being annoying. Hard to put that on the same level as 40 lashes for naming a Teddy Bear Muhammad, but damn if you and JR and the rest of the Ostriches aren't trying.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't think we have the market cornered. But we have don't have the equivilent of Sharia Law in the U.S. Last I checked, our due process, while imperfect, works just a little bit better than some tribunal handing a woman 200 lashes for being gang-raped.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

More than annoying, hondo. He's hateful and he's loathsome.

I would stop listening to him if I were you.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm not listening to any of them. I don't believe gays are going to hell. But however you want to judge statements or beliefs like that, they fall far, far short of beheading and lashing.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

How about waterboarding?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Do unto me as you would the least of my brothers.

I guess somebody ate that page.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sorry. I used it to roll up and smoke a...

Hey, take these cuffs off me! Where are we going?

Oh, man, Don't taze me, Bro!

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You've got to put in in perspective. We had several posters just the other day ready to flay and imprison SI ad copy writers for just misspelling "Muhammed" Ali!

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Then speak out against religious intolerance here, big boy.

Your ilk is more likely to speak out against religious tolerance in the USA in my experience, however.

Draft saved Draft deleted