1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teddy Bear may bring 40 lashes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Sudan pardoned her, but she still is banned from the country?

What a joke these people are.

Actually, those disorderly criminals running the streets would kill her anyway, just to make one of their sick statements.

Yep. Happens every day in a Baptist fellowship hall.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I am going to ban myself from their country.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

from the article:
    The teacher's conviction under Sudan's Islamic Sharia law shocked Britons and many Muslims worldwide.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Too funny. This stuff doesn't even shock Fenian any more. And Muslims world wide were "shocked"? After the stuff with the Danish cartoon, Pope Benedict and the killing of the nuns in Somalia, the killing of Theo Van Gogh and countless other violent acts done in the name of insulting Islam?

Maybe they were shocked at the light sentence the teacher received.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

None of your examples, Dexter, were lawful acts or sanctioned by a court, far as I can tell.

So, for example, it may not shock you that an NFL player would get shot in his own home.

But it may shock you if the government ordered him shot to death.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The female rape victims convicted of adultery and held in jails worldwide would be shocked at your post. I'm not.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/21/world/main3529940.shtml?source=RSSattr=HOME_3529940

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Oy vey!

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

But the authorities in those countries sure as hell stood back and let the rioting happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted