1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Teddy Bear may bring 40 lashes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 27, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article511199.ece

Oh, those crazy guys from the religion of peace.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's like the xenophobe special olympics around here, some days.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You can attack me and make it personal all you want. That doesn't change the fact that some woman may get 40 lashes for naming a freaking teddy bear Muhammad.

What kind of insanity produces that thinking?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It can only be personal, hondo. It's clearly not based in any kind of logic. That's been shown to you time and again.

The fusion of religion -- any religion -- with government will produce this kind of injustice. 'Twas ever thus.

Everything else is just you hating brown people.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The same that condemns a man to the fiery pits for his sexual orientation.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Good thing we never have overzealous prosecution of ridiculous mistakes here in the enlightened Judeo-Christian West.

Oh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_Amero

40 years in prison because IT doesn't update the filter software?

(And yes, I'm posting it on both threads. Grrrrrr.)

9. The moral-equivalency police are working overtime today.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Big difference: there aren't people (I presume you mean Christians) actually throwing someone else into fiery pits. It may be someone's belief that will happen at the hands of a vengeful God at some point in someone's afterlife, and you can make your own call on that. But it's not happening in the here and now.

On the other hand, there are Muslims who have been beheaded for homosexuality, adultery, etc.

I've got nothing against people of any color. I have something against people of ANY color who decide they can do this to other people.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A. Just because there has been religious intolerance in the past, does that mean we should never speak out about it now and in the future?
    B. I defy you to come up with any post, any time, that indicated I "hate brown people."
    C. Again, you can attack me all you want. Doesn't change a thing about what's going on.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

If they could, they would.

And I'd rather they just took their shot than use representative government as their cudgel.

Draft saved Draft deleted