1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ted

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jun 27, 2012.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Funniest movie I've seen in quite a while. See it.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like Damon a lot and he's amazing in the Bourne movies. I think Damon is probably the better actor of the two, but I think Wahlberg is probably better at comedy.

Damon has been hilarious in bit comedy parts, but I don't think he's ever pulled off a leading comedic role, that's not to say he couldn't do it.

Wahlberg just killed me in The Other Guys.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Saw it last night. Loved it. Exceeded expectations. Big time.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I didn't like 'The Other Guys.'
    I didn't think Damon could be an action hero, but I enjoyed the Bourne movies. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see him as Diggler or Ward.
    Of course, I thought Wahlberg was excellent in both roles.

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

As I'm unemployed, Ted is exactly the kind of movie I want to blow money on just to piss off my family. Yeah, it's a talking bear. Live with it.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I was disappointed. Really funny until the Norah Jones scene. After that, a horrid run until the close. Kinda ruined it for me.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I left the movie saying to my wife, "You know there are actually going to be people who have something bad to say about that movie, don't you?"

We agreed that, incredulously, there would be.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

With all these great reviews, I may have to see this in the theater now. Hopefully, Mrs. OOP will agree to go.

Funny thing is she refuses to watch any cartoon. Of course, every time I put on Family Guy with her in the room, she ends up laughing, but she still won't admit she likes a cartoon.

Too bad our daughter doesn't want to see Spider-Man. Now we have to find a way to free up three evenings without the little one for movies this month (along with Spider-Man and Dark Knight Rises).

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Thanks for 9/11.

10. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Absolutely hilarious, in almost all aspects. Sure, you have to suspend reality about the talking bear, but damn ... And we could have used a smidge more skin from Mila.

rb

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Is that a shit!!!?!?!??!

12. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

Man, I work/live in a small, conservative town that I figured would shun this movie. Saturday night, the theater was PACKED! I've never seen so many people in a theater laugh so hard. The older couple in front of me, each at least in their 70s, was laughing hysterically. I saw the lady pull out a tissue a few times to wipe away her tears. Well done, Seth MacFarlane.

Draft saved Draft deleted