1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ted

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't the think 'The Fighter' would have been anywhere as good with Damon in the Mickey Ward role.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Damon, I generally don't get anyway.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I am one of the bigger Matt Damon fans you will ever meet. I love the Bourne trilogy and will see just about anything he does.

He kind of strikes me as a bit of a reluctant superstar. Every time he is on a show like Letterman or The Daily Show his demeanor is that of an "aw, shucks" kind of person. That's what I like about him.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't dislike Damon. I just don't think I would buy him as Mickey Ward or Dirk Diggler.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I remember hearing that Leonardo DiCaprio recommended Wahlberg for Boogie Nights.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I can't tell them apart. Which one was in I (Heart) Huckabee?

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

My God, that was the best trailer EVER! had my headphones on watching on my iphone and my wife is looking at me like I am an idiot.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahaha.

9. turski7

turski7 Member

Teddy Ruxpin! Hitting the theater in about an hour.

10. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Caught a matinee today. It was everything the red band trailer promises and quite a bit more (and, by that, I just mean that there are far more funny bits than the trailer shows). There are a few moments where you could see Seth McFarlane using his Family Guy tricks (quick flashbacks, for instance), but it all worked.

11. dieditor

dieditor Member

I thought it was pretty damn funny. Certainly not an award winner, but it was what you would expect from MacFarlane.

Anybody who's ever spent any time around Boston or Bostonians will find a lot of humor there as well.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The other patrons will love you for that.[/blue]

Draft saved Draft deleted