1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ted Nugent - Now with 100 percent more crazy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

But Buck will POST that he won't waste the effort to muster an emotion over him. Thanks for not taking part.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just think it's silly that anyone would be upset or pretend to be upset by Ted Nugent's antics.

3. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Just pointing out hypocrisy. No one takes Ted seriously but one day he could very well go Postal and there will be no one surprised. There was a major blowback on Opie and Anthony for a homeless man saying he wanted to have sex with Condi and Laura. O&A were banned from pay-for-listen XM for a month.

Where is similar outrage for someone who advocates killing two senators? Rev. Al should be up in arms as should all those wingers who got Imus and O&A fired/suspended.

I think it's silly to post on a subject you think it's silly to post about.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think it's silly to comment on a post on a subject he thinks it's silly to post about.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think you're all being silly about posting silly comments on a subject you think it's silly to post about.

6. This is silly

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think commentary about the silliness of posting silly comments is the epitome of silly.

8. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

silly is as silly does.

My mama always said if God wanted us to listen to Uncle Ted he would have given us watermelons for heads.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Facing a draft, Nugent bravely wet his pants

Rocker is all talk as he calls Obama, Hillary vile names

August 27, 2007
    BY RICHARD ROEPER Sun-Times Columnist

So Ted Nugent roams a concert stage while toting automatic weapons, calls Barack Obama "a piece of -----" and says he told Obama to suck on one of his machine-guns. He also calls Hillary Clinton a "worthless bitch" and Dianne Feinstein a "worthless whore."

That Nugent, he's a man's man. He talks the talk and walks the walk, right?

Except when it was time to register for the draft during the Vietnam era. By his own admission, Nugent stopped all forms of personal hygiene for a month and showed up for his draft board physical in pants caked with his own urine and feces, winning a deferment. Creative!

Ah, but that was a long time ago. Nugent isn't just a washed-up rocker -- he's a right-wing madman who's not afraid to call out some of the leading Democrats in language so vile it makes the Dixie Chick Natalie Maines' comments about President Bush sound like a love poem.

You'd think even someone such as Sean Hannity would dismiss Nugent as a macho clown, desperate for attention.

Yeah, right.

In a discussion on his show last week, Hannity refused to condemn Nugent's remarks, saying, "I like Ted Nugent . . . he's a friend of mine," and even laughing loudly as Alan Colmes read the transcript of some of Nugent's remarks.

Funny. I don't remember Hannity being so cavalier about the Dixie Chicks went they criticized Bush.

Not that he's operating under a double standard or anything.

10. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

where it the liberal media?

You know the one that drove Imus from the radio? the one that ignored Al Roker's slur against epilepsy sufferers about a month after he demanded Imus be fired?

When a homeless man discussed sex with Condi, everyone was up in arms? where's the outrage?

If a Democrat is attacked and no one is outraged is there a liberal media bias?

11. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Hell, if no one else of my "ilk" will say it, I will -- Nugent's ludicrous statements have no place in the public discourse. He should be ashamed of himself for saying what he said, just as anyone else should be ashamed for taking politics to that extreme.

Unfortunately, it will only get worse from both ends of the spectrum.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Apparently, he didn't want to goto the 'Nam and Wang Dang Sweet Poontang.

For Lamar Mundane, who posts of nothing but his hatred for the Right, this thread is Just What the Doctor Ordered.

Draft saved Draft deleted