1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ted Kennedy to endorse Obama on Monday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bristol Insider, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Well, I picked the most scathing survey to make the point. More neutral historians rank him higher. And if you ask folks on the street, JFK usually finishes Top 5. Of course, so does Mr. Reagan, so we discount those.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Stupid folks on the street.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about US history and know most of the Presidents but I have NEVER hear of Millard Fillmore

4. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

I think Kennedy helps Obama win Mass., which has the fourth-biggest Dem delegate count of any state (read that somewhere, though maybe it was the fourth-biggest on Super Duper Tuesday. Either way, a big win.)
    Outside of Mass., to primary voters he's another sign that serious, thinking Democrats take Obama seriously. That can't hurt anything. Hillary is NOT going to whack Kennedy for backing Obama, or Obama for being backed by Kennedy. There are people you can hit. And there are people you can't hit. If your a Dem, Kennedy's a guy you can't hit.
    And in the general, it really doesn't matter. Who else is he supposed to back? He was one of Kerry's biggest supporters, and it was never an issue.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Really?

I have no idea what Millard Filmore did (or didn't do) as president, but once I heard that name in grade school, no way was I gonna forget it.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Are these the same experts who tell us that Clinton presidency was so good for African Americans but when pressed cannot tell you specifics.

For either Johnson or Kennedy they must not have factored in Viet Nam

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Not saying that. Simply saying that Reagan and Kennedy were fantastically popular - and disproportionately mythological - presidents. They represent both ends of the political popularity spectrum for most folks. People who say Kennedy was one of the best will tell you Reagan was one of the worst, and vice versa. Historians rank them both more fairly.

Edit: I just checked the pdf of the original survey again. JFK and RR are one/two as the "most overrated" presidents in history.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's gonna be tough for Hillary to argue that Teddy is a sexist, the only living democrat to have more sex than Bill Clinton is Ted Kennedy.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Nope. Click the link on the front page for the survey.

http://www.fed-soc.org/resources/id.60/default.asp

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Point taken, jg.

11. This is a bad thing? I wish I could claim I've had more sex than Teddy or Bill, but alas, I'm much younger than either of them!

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Thanks, pall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.