1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ted Kennedy to endorse Obama on Monday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bristol Insider, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0108/8134.html

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Posted on the primaries thread. Pretty good get for Obama, especially among Latinos, where Teddy is very popular. Also got endorsements from Kansas' governor and the highest-ranking Latino congressman.

Hillary's trying to do her best to downplay the endorsements.

3. Big news, so I thought it deserved its own thread ...

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Caroline weighs in on the NYT Sunday Op-Ed page:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/opinion/27kennedy.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I would agree with you. Big news can get lost in those running threads. Best to make really big stuff it's own thread.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This may be a dumb question, so in advance I apologize to SportsJournalists.com political cognoscenti. I recognize that the Kennedy's are one of America's regal families. But are they still political king makers?

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

This endorsement may serve Obama well in the Northeast on Super Tuesday, but it will absolutely kill him in moderate middle America.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Considering Hillary's been trying to court him for months, and Bill made a last-ditch effort to land him, I'd say it's a pretty big endorsement.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Which is where Claire McCaskill and Kathleen Sebelius come in.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Can't hurt in Mass.

And with all the comparisons to JFK and RFK, I think it's a damn nice get for Obama.

Sebelius is big, too. Very popular female gov. of a Republican state.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Fine, but the Clinton camp will kill Obama on this. And it won't help in the general to have Republicans screaming that Obama got endorsed in the primary by a "murderer."

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

They can't kill Obama with it. They've been trying for months to get him themselves, including a desperate phone call from Bill within the last 36 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.