1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ted .. Feel good story of the day

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The Reds are a class organization. Hats off to them, and to Ted.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Terrific stuff, great pic of Brandon Phillips heading to the plate with a huge smile on his face.

4. accguy

accguy Member

Yep, very nice story. A pleasant surprise from a sports section that produces few of them.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

All I could think reading the story is how I'd love to see video of that at-bat. Great story.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What a wonderful story. Made my day.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

That picture of Ted running back to the dugout and Phillips smiling huge behind him is priceless. It truly catches the sentiment of the entire story. Great work.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

George F. Will has a son with Downs. He wrote this on the occasion of his son's 40th birthday this past summer:

I first became a fan of Will's when he commemorated this son's 21st birthday. This particular passage in that column still resonates with me:

9. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Really nice story right there.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

HE'S PLAGIARIZING HIMSELF! GET 'IM!

In all seriousness, I remember reading the 40th birthday column and loving it. While I'm glad my sons don't have Down syndrome, if I have the relationship with them that George Will has with his son, I'll consider myself a lucky man.

Also, I had a friend back in the day named Jon Will (not this one, obviously), and I have to make a conscious effort to read those columns and not picture him.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Great read. Really cool story.

Draft saved Draft deleted