1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ted Danson joins CSI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 13, 2011.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

All I know is Gary from Gary's Old Towne Tavern better not so much as jaywalk.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If it really is the last season, I certainly hope Petersen comes back for several episodes.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Also:

" ...he remains a series regular on the HBO series Bored to Death."

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I would have tried to reboot the thing - nothing crazy, just bring in a character or two with a different dynamic than that of "the dad." If it doesn't work - fine, it ends anyway. If it does, perhaps you get a few more years out of it. Cheers was probably better after Shelley Long left, ER was on for three or four years after Carter and Edwards more or less left - and then there is Law and Order.

5. And, now he can check for Margo Adams' DNA on "Wade Boggs' pants."

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you have not watched Damages, that is another reason to get Netflix.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's rumored that he might.

8. Mira

Mira Member

Ted Danson was spectacular on Damages. Creepy, sympathetic, horny, unapologetic ... amazing. He will be terrific on CSI.

If you haven't seen Damages, I highly recommended renting on NetFlix or even buying on DVD. It is fantastic. Martin Short and Lily Tomlin also were REALLY good, and Campbell Scott.

Glenn Close has won multiple Emmys for her work on the show.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Damages is phenomenal. And for those that hate shows that fail to deliver the goods - the nice thing about Damages is they have an ending written before the first scene is shot.
    I think the second season might have been the best (Hurt, Marcia Gay Harden, and half the cast of The Wire, throw in Darrell Hammond as the hired gun and it was damn near perfect).

10. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I doubt Norm wants to get his hands bloody...

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Truth. McGinley would kill any show. Then, Caruso has to pull off his sunglasses and make a smart-ass remark.

I'm holding judgment on Danson. Pesonally I think Peterson made a mistake leaving the series. He's the one holding the keys to the CSI wagon.

Did someone say Carla Gugino? I will watch "Karen Sisco" again, just for to look at her.

Draft saved Draft deleted