1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ted Danson joins CSI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I stopped watching when Peterson left, but I'll be tuning back in for Danson.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/13/ted-danson-joins-cast-of-csi/

2. Looking to dissect the death of his career?

3. This smacks of desperation, like Tom Selleck stepping in to shut off the lights on Las Vegas.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Who would have thought David Caruso would be the stable one in the CSI franchise?

5. Mizzougrad96

Damages, Curb... He's not doing too badly...

7. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

At least it's not Ted McGinley

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is an open secret in Variety and the other trades that this season is it for CSI. It will undoubtedly be a nice paycheck for Danson, not that he's on his uppers.

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Yeah, Caruso is the only reason I am watching any of the CSI franchise shows now.

I think Danson is a terrible choice. Not a fan of Danson, and I won't be tuning in at all now. CSI lost its lustre when Peterson left.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Bruckheimer franchise of procedurals is pretty much petering out. All the fads pass: NBC's family comedies, Senfeld-ish snark comedies, etc.

11. Mizzougrad96

Peterson was perfect on that show. He has some crazy deal where, as a producer of the show, he gets mid six figures every week even though he hasn't been on the show in some time because he owns a portion of the two spinoffs.

It would seem a little strange to hire Danson for just one more season.

12. Well-played. Smart enough not to make the same mistake twice.

Draft saved Draft deleted