1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tecmo Bowl 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, May 17, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/787/787604p1.html

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

If this fucker is teasing us, I'll take his ass out.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I remember Tecmo Bowl for the PlayStation. It sucked so hard it actually drew my controller into the machine. But at least they had the good common sense to kill the franchise at that point, instead of letting it linger years after it was obvious it wasn't going to make the transition to the new platforms (see also: 989 Sports football games on the PS2/Xbox).

With EA owning exclusive rights to the NFL/NFLPA licenses, good luck getting a relevant game out there. And they won't even be the only alternative football game in the market; 2K Sports is doing a football game this fall.

Speaking of EA: apparently they have a license agreement with ... wait for it ... The Weather Channel. That way you can play in the actual weather conditions at your site -- if it's 20 and snowing in Green Bay, it's 20 and snowing in video game Green Bay. No truth to the rumor that if you play in a city getting hit by a hurricane, the game replaces John Madden and Al Michaels with Jim Cantore and Stephanie Abrams.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Just give me the Oilers with Ernest Givens, Curtis Duncan, Webster Slaughter, Haywood Jeffries, Lorenzo White, Warren Moon and I'll own all yer asses

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'll take Cap Boso.

I win.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

i'll have Givens and Jeffries finish with 100 receptions each. Take that.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Playing against SD in Tecmo Super Bowl was always fun in a sophmoric way when you were 10. The four running plays: Butts, Butts, Early, Butts.

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Sounds like a certain SportsJournalists.com members' mantra.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I played Tecmo Super Bowl against one of my employees the day of the NFL Draft, and took his ass out to the woodshed continuously. The only game I lost was when he played as the New York Giants and I used the dog-shit New England Patriots. He won 13-10.

And it was the guy's game (and old NES). I hadn't played since the mid-1990s.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

There's one pass play on Tecmo Super Bowl I could run every single time, and even if that's the one you called to defend, I'd still burn your ass for at least 10 yards. Even if I were Phoenix or the LA Rams or whoever.

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I just beat one of my buddies, 62-14, the other day. I felt I left a few touchdowns on the field, as well. Needless to say he wasn't happy.

As far as names go: Cardinals LB Garth Jax.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

One other thing: As great as Tecmo is, one of the few gripes I have is the fact that it stops counting yardage for RBs and WRs after 4,082.

I ran for 965 yards in the season opener with Bo Jackson earlier this year, and was fully expecting to get to 10,000 overall. But for some reason the game can't count above that 4,082. I've also gotten up to that level with Jerry Rice after about 10 games.

Life just isn't fair.

Draft saved Draft deleted