1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Technology/Gadget thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Oct 26, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Downloaded the new Windows 11 and my reliable HP laptop (I bought a year ago) suddenly kept going black screen on me with regularity. Just a heads up. You can go back to Windows 10 through Settings and Recovery. I'm sure Microsoft will figure it out. 11 was just launched this month. Just wait a bit.

Mngwa likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’ve been out of the photography loop for years since leaving newspapers, but I’m assuming those F mount Nikon lenses I bought for thousands of dollars are now going to be obsolete now, aren’t they?

I was always told by staff photographers to put all my money in glass because you use it forever.

I have a feeling that isn’t true anymore, is it?

I have to hope my old D3 I bought refurbished 6-7 years ago lasts forever, I guess.

I wonder if the market for used DSLR’s will go up or down with this development.

I less and less use the camera and just depend on my phone, but it’s nice to have the option to take a higher-quality photo every once in a while.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Anyone need an iPod? Anyone?? Got some great prices on them over here...

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ha, late to see and reply to this, but - If it still works, they actually still fetch decent prices. Bunch of people like the simplicity of them vs. loading all their music on their phone or something similar.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One of my projects this weekend is to finally track down an iPod Touch online and buy it. My current one is starting to physically fall apart.
    Love that little gadget. All the fun of an iPhone at a third of the price.

I went to a couple of stores last week to see if any were still in stock. The 20-something at Best Buy said no and gave me a look that said, "2012 called and they want you to come back."

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. John

John Well-Known Member

I still run with my iPod Shuffle, the postage stamp-looking device. It holds 3-4 hours of music and I can get a few long runs out of it before it needs a recharge. And it weighs pretty much nothing. Only downside is I need wired headphones. I tried a Bluetooth adapter but I couldn't get it to work.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

The click wheel on mine is malfunctioning so it only goes backward. It's probably not worth repairing, but it's a fabulous little device.

Maybe I'll have to upload music to my phone.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I believe you can find another one quite cheap on eBay.

Draft saved Draft deleted