1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Techniques for eating wings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 30, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Good stuff, JR. I loves me some wings.

Buffalo Wild Wings ... yummy, but pricey for what you get. I hit them when they have specials.

I'll stick with barbecue sauce, though. Not down with the hot ones ... I don't enjoy the hotty hotness making a painful exit.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have done a few of those moves over the years. My best technique is to not wear a white t-shirt. I tend to get really messy.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Interesting site but for the life of me I can't believe some people submitted Hooters as a good place for wings in some areas. Sure doesn't say much for the state of the chicken wing in those places.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

BTW, the wings at the Anchorage are NOT very good.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm a Small-Bone Twist and Badlands Spin man, myself.

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

the "small-bone twist" eh?

so that's what the kids call it now?

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

The Scooby Doo is useless without photos. ;)

But .... do you use the nice, cool and scented towelettes afterwards?

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Techiniques aside, there are a couple axioms to remember when eating wings:

1. Never, ever wipe your face until you're done. Whats the point?
    2. Fingers may be lightly dabbed only when reaching for the drink, and that's only if it's in a glass that would break if it slipped. If you've got a can of beer with your wings, no wiping. Again, what's the point?
    3. Only after the gut is full of wings and fries may the wiping commence. Then you won't be tempted to dive back in.

The best bang for the wing buck around here are the local joints. The best part about BWW is the sauce, which they'll sell. Cheaper to buy that and make the wings your self... and I loves me some spicy garlic.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Actually, I always felt the wings at Hooters were one of their more reliable food items.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Maybe, but that ain't saying much for a place that sells ridiculously overpriced, lousy, bar food.

Draft saved Draft deleted